What you need:
- Plastic or ceramic garden urn.
- Candle holder or small candelabra.
- Spray paint: I used a satin finish black spray paint for the urn, and antique white spray paint for the candle holder.
- A strip or burlap or fabric to tie about the urn, about 1-1 1/2 yards long, depending on the size of urn used.
- Dried moss, and floral picks from the craft store. I used chartreuse moss, little hydrangeas and small green apples.
- Fine grit sandpaper, scissors, hot glue, antique white acrylic paint (to age the urn) and a small foam brush.
- I began by using two good coats of black satin finish spray paint on my urn. While it was drying I applied two coats of antique white spray paint to the candeholder, and allowed both to dry well.
- I frayed the edges a bit on my strip of burlap and set it aside.
- Using a dry foam brush, and dabbing it in a bit of antique white acrylic paint, I lightly brushed it over the edges of the dry urn. I like to use this reverse-distressing technique when I do not have a light surface underneath to bring forward with sanding.
- I used a piece of sandpaper to gently distress the edges of the dry candle holder, filled it with candles, and set it inside the urn.
- I used a bag of moss around the base of the candle holder, then tucked in my floral picks around the edges.
- Using a dab of hot glue on the back of the urn I glued the center of the burlap strip in place, then brought the ends around the front, tied and trimmed them so they were just the right length.
Funky Junk Interiors, Positively Splendid, I Heart Naptime, Family Ever After, Too Much Time, Be Different Act Normal, Six Sisters Stuff, Natasha In Oz,
Sisters Of The Wild West, Just Us Four, Nifty Thrifty Things
Cherished Treasures, Polkadot Pretties, Homemaker On A Dime (button below), Under The Table And Dreaming (button below)
Making The World Cuter Monday , Be Colorful, DIY Home Sweet Home,Covered in Grace, Between Naps On The Porch, Craft O Maniac, The Southern Institute, Keeping It Simple, Skip To My Lou,
Brassy Apple, Delectable Home, C.R.A.F.T, Get Outta My Head Please, Krafty Kat (button below)
http://makingtheworldcuter.com/2012/07/cuter-monday/, The Dedicated House, Alderberry Hill (button below), Kampen Lane Designs (button below), http://makingtheworldcuter.com/2012/08/making-the-world-cuter-2/
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia,Sugar Bee Crafts, A Diamond In The Stuff, Home Stories A to Z, Reasons To Skip Housework, Domestically Speaking, How To Nest For Less, Organize & DecorateEverything, Ladybug Blessings, Cherished Bliss, The DIY Dreamer,The Sasse Life, The Winthrop Chronicles (button below), Cozy Little House, Homework (button below), Organizing Home Life
Savvy Southern Style, Someday Crafts, Ginger Snap Crafts, Clean & Scentsible, The Trendy Treehouse, Uncommon Designs, Southern Lovely, Lil’ Luna (button below)
Family Home and Life, Practically Functional, Vintage Gwen, Rae Gun Ramblings, The CSI Project, I Gotta Create, Tales Of A Trophy Wife, Pincushion Creations
Delightful Order,The Shabby Creek Cottage Somewhat Simple
Embracing Change, House Of Hepworths, 52 Mantels, Thrifty Decorating, Not Just A Housewife, Beyond The Picket Fence, AKA Design, Crafty Scrappy Happy,Christina’s Adventures, The 36th Avenue,Johnny In A Dress
, Hubby Made Me, Lil Pink Pocket, Two Yellow Birds Decor