Hey Y’all! I am so excited to share my favorite Christmas cookie recipe with you, but first I wanted to share a few of my favorite tips for mailing your Christmas cookies & treats as they travel from your kitchen across the miles to your loved ones.
- Choose sturdy, round or cutout cookies with rounded edges to avoid broken corners. Think drop, slice and rounded cutout cookies. So many options that should arrive in perfect condition.
- Use a strong box and layers of crumpled wrapping paper or tissue to cushion those treats.
- Wrap cookies, bars and breads in snug plastic wrap to protect them and keep them fresh.
- Other treats such as caramel corn, sweet & salty mixes & nuts travel very well too. Try packaging them in individual Ziploc bags to protect flavor and quality while shipping.
- Try sturdy breads such as pumpkin bread, and quick breads that are dense, and wrap each in a snug layer of plastic wrap.
- Choose treats that don’t need to be frosted. Frosting will not stay as stable in a variety of temperatures while shipping, as well as making treats stick together.
- Have fun! We all love receiving a box full of homemade goodies during the Holidays, and they are a budget-friendly gift from the heart and home.
I found a fun way to decorate and protect the outside of my packages by using EZ Start Printed Packaging Tape. I love to send care packages to my loved ones and how fun to bring some Holiday cheer to their packages by dressing them up with sturdy shipping tape. EZ Start Printed Packaging Tape comes in pretty designs with peppermint candies or pretty ornaments for the Holidays, here is how I used them to package those Christmas treats that I have been working on!
These printed designs were so fun to use, my wheels are turning as I see visions of sugarplum fairies and some fun Christmas crafts in my near future as well. Just think of the possibilities! Maybe some fun decorated tins for gift giving, or dressed up gift bags or even a wreath!
Mexican Wedding Cookies
makes approximately 2 dozen cookies
French Country Cottage
Create Craft Love
Miss Mustard Seed
Design, Dining & Diapers
OPC: The Humble Brag Link Party
Give Me The Goods Monday