Hello friends! I am really excited to share one of my favorite make-your-own-mix recipes today
for Chocolate Cake Mix, with a gluten free option too!
There have been many times I have opened my pantry to find one last cake mix on hand, and with
a sigh of relief I can whip up a quick dessert without having to run to the store in a pinch.
But a few years ago, when I realized that gluten and I were not besties after all, I began to make
my own cake mix, and will never go back!
Cake mix is very easy to make ahead and keep on hand, and saves money on the food budget too.
I like to keep gallon and quart size Freezer bags on hand, the Storage bags work well too (like Ziploc)
but the Freezer bags are thicker and more tear resistant.
Once I finish making a mix, I store it in a quart sized bag, squeeze all of the air out, and label it with a Sharpie.
Here is my favorite recipe:
- 2 cups of flour or gluten free flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- Dash of salt
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- To make a chocolate cake with your mix preheat oven to 350*
- grease your pan and add to your mix: 3 eggs, 1/4 cup of melted butter,
- and 1 1/3 cups of water. Blend well and add to baking pan.
- 13" x 9" about 35 minutes
- 2 8" round pans about 30 minutes
- Bundt pan about 45 minutes
- Cupcakes about 18 minutes
- Cool your cake once it's done and frost as usual!
Thank you so much for reading friend, see you soon for another thrifty DIY, idea or recipe!