Nothing seems to get devoured faster than a good egg and potato casserole at a potluck, gathering or family meal.
I have made this version for years, and it is our go to recipe for potlucks, family breakfasts, and a night my kids look
forward to, breakfast-for-dinner night. Which we do a few times a month, and because breakfast foods and recipes
usually tend to be a bit more affordable than dinners, this helps keep the food budget under control too!
You can get creative with the meat you choose to add, like seasoned ground turkey for tacos, or leftover chopped
steak or chicken. I love to use ham or ground beef. For this recipe I chose a classic ham n’ cheese combo.
I hope you like it as much as we do!!
- 6 cups of hash brown potatoes (tater tots also make a great option too)
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar or cheese blend
- 2 cups of diced, cooked ham
- 10 eggs
- 24 ounces of milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Spread potatoes in the bottom of a 13" x 9" baking dish
- In a bowl beat eggs, add milk and set aside.
- Spread cheese, ham, onions, salt and pepper over the potatoes, and cover with egg mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake until center is set, about an hour and 15 minutes. Remove foil and cook an additional 15 or so minutes until top is golden.
- This dish can also be refrigerated overnight and put in the over directly from the refrigerator.
- Great time saver!
In case you have missed the no/low spend challenge we are doing right now here are the last 8 posts:
Thank you so much for reading & following along, have a wonderful day!!