So I was a bit curious if this could be done.
Achieve the taste and texture of a big slice of pizza, with all my fave toppings, and no crust.
Oh, and in my slow cooker too because by the time late afternoon rolls around I am racing to
pick the boys up from school, do homework, throw the 19th load of laundry in the dryer…
you know what I am talking about right?
Behold the glory of easy slow cooker recipes, aren’t they wonderful?
Well, if you love the taste of pizza but are watching your carb intake, maintaining a weight loss,
or following a low carb diet, this recipe is for you!
- 1.5 pounds of ground turkey
- 2 cups of Hormel pepperoni slices (you can use 1 cup as well)
- 1.5 cups of pizza sauce
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan
- 2 packed cups of fresh spinach
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 8 ounce package of fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of fresh minced garlic
- Brown your ground turkey and place 1/2 of the cooked ground
- turkey in the bottom of the slow cooker. Next put a layer of
- pepperoni slices on top of the turkey, 1/2 the spinach, peppers,
- mushrooms, cheeses, onion and garlic. Top with half the sauce
- and repeat the layer until all ingredients are gone. You don't need
- to add any water, there will be enough moisture in the sauce and
- veggies. Cover and cook on low for about 4-6 hours depending
- on how hot your slow cooker runs. Scoop each serving into a
- big bowl & top with more fresh veggies & cheese if desired.
- This recipe has about 6 net carbs per serving, depending on your ingredients, this could vary. The recipe automatically calculates 11 carbs, but does not take into account the fiber, hence the lower net impact carb count.
Oh I hope you try it, and if you do, make sure and share some with your pizza loving friends who don’t think
they can ever give up the crust, we may just change their opinion!!
Thank you SO much for reading friend, wishing you a blessed & creative day-