This is a super easy and crowd-pleasing dish to serve any time for your family or
a special occasion too. It would be perfect for the busy Holiday season, and I love
to bring it to our Moms group as well. There is never any left over, that’s a good sign!
The cool part is, it doesn’t require any expensive maple syrup, unless you want to
drizzle some on the top for good measure. Inspired by The Pioneer Woman’s
Cinnamon Baked French Toast recipe, it’s sweet, and full of maple and brown
I never met a brown sugar anything that I didn’t like, I hope you love this
as much as my family does!
- One loaf of day old bread torn up
- 1.5 cups of whole milk
- 1 cup of half n half
- 8 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of maple extract
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons of packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1 cube of cold butter cut up
- Preheat oven to 350* degrees
- Butter a 13" x 9" baking pan and fill with torn bread
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs, milk & half n half with
- brown sugar & extracts. Mix well and pour over the torn
- bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, uncover and bake for one hour after adding
- the topping mixture.
Thank you so much for reading friend, have a wonderful, blessed weekend!!