What are you cooking this week? Are you ready for a few new recipes that will rock your Crock Pot?
Adapted from Carol Hee Barnett @ VegNews
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder, or more to taste
1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
One 14.5-ounce can crushed tomatoes
One 15.5-ounce can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1-1/2 cups water
1) Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic, cover, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chili powder and cook for 30 seconds. Add the sweet potatoes and stir to coat with the spices.
2) Transfer the mixture to a 4 to 6-quart slow cooker. Add the tomatoes, beans and water, season with salt, cover, and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
My wonderful girlfried Donna has shared her Paleo recipe (this woman can cook, y’all are going to want to check this out) for slow cooker chicken. AND she knows how to MAKE a Butterfinger that tastes better than a Butterfinger, I know, I have had one and I would not lead you astray. No photo for this one, but this is a must-try!!
Scrumptious Slow Cooker Chicken
adapted from source
2.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
4 celery stalks
1 red onion
10-12 whole garlic cloves
¼ cup coconut oil (I’m sure you could sub olive oil)
1 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon rubbed sage
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Cut the parsnips, carrots, celery, and onion into large chunks making sure that the carrots and parsnips are cut roughly the same size for even cooking. Place the chicken in the crockpot and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. On top of the chicken layer the onions and whole garlic cloves followed by the parsnips, carrots, and celery. In a glass measuring cup mix together the chicken broth, coconut oil, thyme and sage (it helps to melt the coconut oil first in the microwave). Pour this mixture evenly over the chicken and veggies and cook on high for 5 hours or low for 7.
- 16oz hot turkey sausage
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 13.25oz can sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 15oz can of pure pumpkin
- 8oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 box rotini pasta
- In a large skillet, brown the turkey sausage. Add in the onion and mushrooms. Going down the list, add in all of the rest of the ingredients (minus the pasta) and stir until smooth.
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray. Pour the sauce into the crock pot and cover. Cook on low 3 1/2 – 4 hours.
- Pour in your box of uncooked pasta and stir to coat. Re-cover and cook for 1 additional hour.