Chicken is probably my main go to food when it comes to meal planning.
That is when I plan.
But my slow cooker recipes save the day every time. And this is hands down one of my favorites.
Once the cooler temperatures of September and October arrive, my slow cooker is working overtime,
simmering and cooking dinner while I scurry around tending to everything else.
Chicken breast can also tend to be a bit dry if it doesn’t have enough time to cook slowly & retain
as much moisture as possible.
I could ramble on about my favorite slow cooker recipes, but for today, let’s throw dinner in and let
it cook on low all day.
Your house will smell amazing, and people will think you worked very hard on this simple dish.
No need to tell them our secret, unless of course they are also in the slow cooker club, then it’s ok.
Alright, get ready to get your dinner on, let’s cook! Did I mention this is pretty low in carbs too?
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise (instead of pounding between plastic wrap)
- 3 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of Caesar dressing
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese, cut in half
- 1 package of bacon
- Grease or butter your slow cooker, heat on low setting.
- Place a teaspoon or a bit more of dressing, chunk of cream cheese and half a slice of Swiss cheese in the center of each chicken breast half. Roll up and wrap each with two slices of bacon.
- Place in slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until done and chicken is tender.
I like to serve this with a big spinach salad or steamed broccoli. We add some mashed potatoes for the kids, I try to
abstain when I can. Potatoes are my weakness!
Thank you so much for visiting and cooking with me today, let me know what your favorite slow cooker recipe is,
I love to try new ones all the time!!