Few things taste better together than milk chocolate with orange.
Ok, raspberry and chocolate are also good, and of course peanut butter with chocolate.
Basically anything plus chocolate, or chocolate plus more chocolate always hits the spot.
I usually make Cranberry and orange bread and muffins around the holidays, but I wanted to
try something a bit different.
I’m so glad I did.
They turned out really good, and my husband, who normally doesn’t eat muffins put a dent in
the batch while I was upstairs and they were cooling today.
Are you ready to make a quick muffin that tastes like a sweet orange roll and chocolate all in one?
Me too, because we just ran out!
- 2 cups of flour or gluten free flour blend
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- dash of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened in microwave
- zest from one orange
- 3/4 cup of orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
- 2 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons of orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon of orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In a mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients and set aside. In another bowl combine butter, eggs, orange juice, orange zest and vanilla and blend well. Combine wet and dry ingredients, and fold in milk chocolate chips. Fill 12 muffin cups lined with paper muffin liners or greased well and bake for about 25 minutes or until they are beginning to turn golden on top and spring back to the touch. Allow them to cool and frost.