I am always looking for ways to incorporate more Peanut Butter for Breakfast in my house.
It’s nutritious, convenient and so versatile. Plus it’s really yummy so my kids love it too.
September is actually Better Breakfast Month, and I couldn’t wait to create a recipe to combine
the peanut butter my kids love, with the whole grains I like them to have.
I love to send them out the door with a good breakfast under their belt, they have been choosing
these Whole Grain Peanut Butter Muffins with some milk and fresh fruit lately. Averaging about .16 cents
per ounce, peanut butter is easy on the budget too.
I can live with that!
Before we get baking, don’t forget to enter to win a $25 WalMart Giftcard, peanut coupon & bag of peanuts!
Just use the Rafflecopter below…
Here is what I used to make their new favorite breakfast food…
- 1 1/4 cups of whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 T. Baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 1/4 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375*
- In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients and set aside
- In another bowl combine sugar, peanut butter, milk & egg, blend well
- Combine with dry ingredients and fold in chocolate chips
- Spoon into muffin tin that is greased, or lined with paper liners
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and toothpick comes out clean
I’m going to need to make a double batch next time, these went fast.