- Two small glass plates (I found mine at Dollar Tree)
- Three glass candle-holders
- E6000 adhesive
- Spray-paint (color shown is Lemongrass from Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch)
- If you make the paper bunting you will need assorted cardstock or scrap book paper, glue dots or glue stick, chipboard letters, flower stickers & 18″ of string or decorative
- Assemble supplies and attach first candle holder to the bottom center of plate and allow to dry
- Assemble second stand by inverting one candle holder upon another, glue to secure, attaching a glass plate to the top
- Apply two to three good coats of spray paint in a well ventilated area (or out in the open) and dry well
- To make the bunting, cut paper strips in 1-1 1/4 inch wide by (4 inch long strips, cutting a v in the end of each after folded)
- Fold each strip in half and attach to trim used for base ( a glue dot inside will secure-love glue dot’s!)
- Next, attach letters and flowers, and use glue dot’s to hold the banner in place
Oh, almost forgot.
Bake something that you love. It can be anything, a brownie from a boxed mix can work. To protect food from any surface I am unsure of or painted surfaces, I always use a piece of
parchment paper or paper doily to create a barrier between the painted surface and food.
French Country Cottage
Create Craft Love
Miss Mustard Seed
Design, Dining & Diapers
OPC: The Humble Brag Link Party
Funky Junk Interiors
Too Much Time
Give Me The Goods Monday
Under The Table And Dreaming
Three Mango Seeds
Megan @ Our PInteresting Family says
They are beautiful, Tanya!
Thank you so much Megan!! I am already moving them around using them for different things. Have a great week!
Shelly (minettesmaze) says
Great tutorial! And it turned out really cute!! Thanks for sharing this on DIY Sunday Showcase!
Thank you 🙂 they were so easy (my favorite!)
Oh I love these! I’ve been on the lookout for the ‘perfect’ cake stand, never thinking I could just make my own! 🙂
They are so easy, you should!! Have a great weekend Sara- xo
Corey @ Tinysidekick says
You have a definite eye for creating Tanya! I love these. The color is perfect for spring 🙂 Thanks for sharing at The Makers.
I love The Makers, thank you Corey!
Oh, these are perfect. Can’t wait to try this myself!
I hope you try them, I have already used them in so many ways I have a couple more planned soon. Hugs!
Made From Pinterest says
This is SO SO cute. I love the colors and I love the banner that is with it too. Everything about it is so cute. Thanks for sharing!
They were really pretty easy, I’m so glad you like them 🙂
This is so pretty and springy, Tanya! I love it and I’m pinning it, too.
Thank you for sharing this at DIY Showcase on VMG206.
~ Megin of VMG206
Thank you Megin, I am SO ready for spring!
Roberta @ Mommy Like Whoa says
So cute! I love them and the bunting banner too! I would love if you would please come share this at our MaMade blog hop! http://mommylikewhoa.com/2014/03/mamade-blog-hop-5/
The Style Sisters says
love the color and the darling banner..perfectly springy 🙂 please add me as one of your blog parties on Wednesday I would love it if you would come join us for Centerpiece Wednesday on my blog and share your creativity with us. http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2014/03/centerpiece-wednesday-115-see-and-share.html Hope you will come and party with us.
I am always making home made cake stands but these are so bright and cheery and love the Spring banners .my banners come out looking like a five year old made them.Susie
Mine have mistakes too, once I finish I see every flaw and imperfection. Then I shoot my photos and hope that you will like what I made and be inspired to create things in your home too. I am so glad that nothing is perfect, that’s a lot to top every time!
Love these girl! Love everything you do! Thanks for linking up to Show & Share! This had the most views last week!! 🙂
This is very interesting, You’re an excessively skilled blogger.
I have joined your rss feed and sit up for looking for more of your wonderful
post. Additionally, I have shared your site in my social networks
Lelio Vieira Carneiro Junior says
Howdy! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a group of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.
Your blog provided us useful information to work on. You have done a wonderful job!
Payday Loans says
lender where to get a loan lender [url=https://cashnow.cars]payday loan direct lender[/url]
Payday Loan Online says
direct lender payday loans large payday loans payday loan direct lender [url=https://cashnow.cars]personal loans for bad credit[/url]
money lender lender lender [url=https://cashnow.cars]payday loans direct lender[/url]
loan servicing primelending payday lender loan over the phone [url=https://cashnow.cars]lender[/url]