We wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas
We wish you a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!
Good tidings of the gluten free sort are what I am sharing with you today.
This is my all-time hands-down favorite cookie on the entire planet.
It’s chewy, sweet, tastes like the best molasses cookie you ever set tastebuds on, and yep, it’s gluten free too!!
No matter where this finds you today, I want to wish you the merriest of Christmases and a wonderful New Year.
There would be no twelveOeight if it weren’t for you, and I couldn’t be more excited about the coming new year.
Full of DIY goodness, recipes, our January No Spend Challenge, and so much more.
From my heart to yours, thank you for reading, for your support, encouragement and ideas, you have blessed me
so abundantly in 2014.
I will have a few more things to share before the new year, and we will kick off the January No Spend Challenge
on December 31st so be watching for our first project (it’s pantry-licious!)
Here is the recipe for my favorite Christmas treat, Happiest of Holidays to you and yours friend, love you so!!
- 4 cups of gluten free flour (I used brown rice flour)
- 4 teaspoons of baking soda
- dash of salt
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cloves
- 2 cups of sugar (plus extra for rolling cookies in)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of molasses (any kind, I use full flavor)
- 1 1/2 cups of softened butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 375*
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, soda, salt and spices, blend and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar, add eggs and molasses, blend well.
- Mix in flour mixture and roll teaspoonfuls between your palms, then in a bowl of sugar, place about 2" apart on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes.
- Remove the sheet from the oven and allow cookies to cool for a few minutes before using a spatula to transfer them to waxed paper to cool on the counter. Store in an airtight container for up to week between sheets of waxed paper.
See you back here in a couple days for another fun and thrifty project!!