I know, me too.
I love it, and when it’s my day to have a treat and not worry about anything other than how amazing
it’s going to taste, ice cream is my first pick.
But, I don’t like to go thru the steps to actually make the ice cream, I want to accessorize my already
favorite vanilla for a fabulous night out. Or in this case a night in, as I curl up with a bowl, the kids,
and the hubs while we enjoy our latest creation.
It’s cherry season, and here in Washington that means that juicy, fresh cherries are everywhere, and
the season only lasts so long, gobble them up we must! I brought home the usual items from the grocery
store the other night, and realized I had everything I needed to try something fun, a new spin on a classic.
Here is what I used (only 4 ingredients) to make Vanilla Cherry Rocky Road, if you want to add nuts, that
takes it up to 5, but that’s still not bad.
Ready? Let’s make something GOOD…
- 3 cups of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 1 cup of quartered and pitted fresh cherries
- 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl combine the ice cream, marshmallows, and white chocolate, blend well.
- Fold in the prepared cherries & serve immediately, or freeze until later.
Have a blessed, amazing, creative week-love you SO…